About Zoology Department
The Department of Zoology is a pioneer department which came in to existence in the year 2014. The courses offered by Department are affiliated to Himachal Pradesh University Shimla (HP). The department caters to the need to develop scientific temper amongst the students. The students can see for themselves the Animal diversity displayed by about specimens, slides, models and charts. For detailed study the department equipped with binocular microscopes, compound microscopes and dissection microscopes. Field visits are conducted to places like the animal breeding centres, fishery farm, sanctuaries, apiaries, zoo, poultry farms, and research institutes. The department offers programmes which provide holistic education, employability and scientific temper to the students empowering them to become responsible and environmentally conscious citizens.Zoology as a career provides number of specializations because of which the students are presented with a plethora of career options.
- To inculcate amongst the students the highest values of life, respect for Nature andsound acquisition of knowledge of animal sciences through quality educational practices and research.
- To inculcate respect for nature and concern for ethical values among students by developing scientific attitude.
- To create awareness among the students to understand and conserve animal diversity.
- To develop infrastructural facility and introduce tools and techniques in relevant fields.
- To prepare responsible trained manpower in animal sciences, teaching and research.
- To facilitate higher education and research in Zoology.
- To provide students familiarity with animal classification schemes and associated taxonomiy.
- To equip students with adequate practical knowledge in the field of apiculture, aquariculture, sericulture and medical diagnostics.
- To inculcate entrepreneurial skills among the students.
Profile of Teaching Staff
|(Sanctioned Posts =02)|
(Sanctioned Posts =02)
|Sh. Sunder Lal|
|Job Experience: 9 years|
|Student Intake = 60|
Life Sciences: Chemistry, Botany, Zoology