The eco-club started in our college in the year 2014. The main objectives of this programme are to educate children about their immediate environment and impart knowledge about the eco-systems, their inter-dependence and their need for survival, through visits and demonstrations and to mobilise youngsters by instilling in them the spirit of scientific inquiry into environmental problems and involving them in the efforts of environmental preservation.
Purpose to establish Eco-club
- Teach others about what we have learned
- Actively involve with nature physically and spiritually
- Provide a service to our community
- Protect and preserve wildlife
- Gain an understanding of our environment and our place in it
- Improve the natural environment
- Lessen our negative impact on the environment
- Develop and enhance our mental and physical skills
Campaigns in Eco-club
- Tree Plantation drive
- Say No to Plastic bags
- Zero Garbage concept
- Water Conservation and Energy Conservation.
- Rally / Human chain / Eco-care in college and surrounding areas.
- Action oriented programmes like Paper recycling, vermi-composting, rain water harvesting, mushroom cultivation, waste management etc.
- Essay writing competition
- Poster making
- Slogan making
- Quiz Competition
- Expert Lecture
- Cleanliness Drive
- Field trips / Nature trails
Composition of Eco-club (Session 2021-22)
CHAIRMAN – Dr. Bandana Vaidya (Principal)
CO-ORDINATOR – Prof. Hukam Chand (Assistant Professor)
PRESIDENT – Preeti Thakur (B.Sc. III)
VICE PRESIDENT– Kamini (B.Sc. II)
SECRETARY- Neha Thakur (B.Sc. I)
MEMBERS – All students and all teachers