Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Science Society
Science and technology have had a major impact on society, and their impact is growing. For progress of country through advancement of science, citizens must able to have a basic understanding of what science is. This is possible only if we are able to connect our institutions with community. The science society has been constituted in the college on February 28, 2022 with an objective to promote interest, understanding, and knowledge of the scientific world amongst the college students and local community. In addition to curriculum based regular science teaching in the college, it is important to make the students aware about latest scientific knowledge and its implications in society so that student may become enlightened citizens with scientific temperament. The science society is intended to present the science in its holistic and interesting way by bringing all science departments (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany Zoology) under one umbrella platform. Science society activities are designed primarily to motivate the students to undertake interesting/exciting mini science projects.
OBJECTIVE OF SCIENCE SOCIETY
The college science society activitiesofferthe opportunity for the students to:
- Solve a relevantscience-based problemset within a scenario.
- Work in pairs or small groups or independently.
- Take part in practical hands-on science activities.
- Think and talk about science during the activity and when sharing their results.
THINGS TO DO IN A SCIENCE SOCIETY
- To encourage student to participate actively in the activities like Seminar,Workshop,Exhibition, Debate, essay writing competitionand Quiz competition.
- To present latest happening in science in interesting and simple way through wall magazine.
- To help the students to promote discussion on the recent innovation in the field of science through monthly lecture series.
- Decorating the walls of the classroom, library and laboratory with scientific pictures and charts prepared by students themselves.
- Establishing and mentoring the science clubs in nearby schools.
MEMBERSHIP OF SCIENCE SOCIETY
To inculcate managing/organizing skills, the students are encouraged to take up various responsibilities. Therefore, along with the teachers, some student members will be nominated / selected as office bearers with defined responsibilities/duties.
Patron – College Principal shall act as ex-officio patron of the science society.
President – A teacher from science department shall act as president of science society.
General Secretary– Amongst the student members, any student of B.Sc. III shall be selected / nominated as general secretary of the science society. He/she will have a leading role in organizing/arranging for various activities throughout the session. General Secretary in consultation with president, chooses his/her team comprising of two associate secretaries one each from B.Sc. I and B.Sc. II respectively.
Secretary (Wall Magazine): A student member of B.Sc. III shall selected/nominated as secretary (Wall Magazine). He/she will have a role in managing/organizing the articles to be displayed on wall magazine every week throughout the session. The team also includes two active members from B.Sc. I and B.Sc. II.
SCIENCE SOCIETY FOUNDER TEAM
Dr. Kalayan Chand Mandhotra, Officiating Principal (Patron)
Dr. Sanjay Kumar, Assistant Prof. of Chemistry (Founder President)
- Dr. Sanjay Sharma, Associate Prof. of Mathematics
- Ms. Yachna Sharma, Assistant Prof. of Physics
- Dr. Deepali Ashok, Assistant Prof. of Botany
- Mr. Hukam Chand, Assistant Prof. of Zoology