The Department of Commerce is one of the major departments of Govt. College Drang at Narla, District Mandi, Himachal Pradesh. This department came into existence in the year 2014 with the aim of providing commercial education to the rural students.
Commerce education is also constantly fine-tuning itself in line with the ongoing changes happening in the trade and business world. The department strives to depart knowledge and skills which are conducive with recent developments in the global economy and society. This makes the department towards provoking outcome based education and preparing socially responsible citizens. The department of commerce is well versed with courses related to Financial accounting, Cost accounting, Management Accounting, Income-Tax, E-Commerce, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, and Statistical methodologies etc. which are focusing on lifelong learning.
The department is fully geared to prepare the students to meet the challenges of the world today and tomorrow. Department assures value and quality based education and impart knowledge and skills to enable our students to be self reliant and to meet the challenges of the changing socio – economic needs. The department tries to mould personality and to impart leadership and management qualities to the students with the balanced outlook towards the society. We try our best to help the students to enrich with knowledge and skills so that they can reap the benefits of knowledge power in real world.
Nurture to empower to be self – reliant and socially committed citizens.
- To impart quality education of Commerce for students to excel and enhance analytical skills essential in the field of commerce.
- To develop the conceptual foundation in areas of commerce and empowering learning opportunities.
- To sensitized the students to meet the challenges of contemporary business environment.
- The students are encouraged to take – up practical to supplement theoretical knowledge with practical experience as a part of their curriculum.
- Academic excellence
- Personal integrity
- Social accountability and responsibility
COURSE OFFERED : UG – B.COM (Annual)
Any HSC pass student is eligible for the course.