Department of Botany
Botany is one of the main branches of biology that deals with the systematic and scientific study of plants, including their structure, properties and biochemical processes. It also includes the classification of plants and study of plant diseases and its interaction with the environment.
Importance of Plants: To appreciate this course, one must understand the need for studying plants, specifically their importance for Oxygen, for Human nutrition, for medicine etc.
Aim of the subject:
- To inculcate scientific temper among the students.
- To equip students with knowledge and technical skills pertaining to plants.
- It aims to train the students in all the areas of plant sciences with aunique combination of core and elective papers with significant interdisciplinary components as per CBCS.
- To enable them to apply the knowledge of Botany wherever needed.
- To prepare students for obtaining employment in the government or private sector.
- To equip students with Logical and Analytical Thinking Ability so that they are ready to take up a career in research.
- Students acquire relevant knowledge and skills appropriate to professional activities.
- To inculcate Social responsibility and Effective citizenship.
- Graduates will understand the environmental issues and sustainability development.